AFBackup Manager is a backup system that can be operated over the web that wants to be easy to use.
AFBackup Manager is a Webmin module for easy administration of backup tasks. It is a commercial frontend for the free backup tool afbackup. The focus of the frontend is simple, comprehensible operation. Unnecessary features are left asside. AFBackup Manager’s target users are SOHOs, that need a reliable, easy to use backup system which they can depend on. static Demo (instead of screenshots)
- Integrated with Webmin, a web based system administration tool.
- Editing of afbackup configuration files is not necessary but still possible.
- Installation of automatic backups - both full and incremental.
- Feature to start backups manualy.
- Management of tapes and tape sets.
- Complete restore in the same place or into a different directory.
- Browsing of all stored files and restore of specific files.
- Status display.
- Requests to change a tape over email.
- Context sensitive online help.
You can order AFBackup Manager full and update versions and at eSellerate: eSellerate Online Shop
- afbackup from version 3.3.7pl6 upwards
- Linux kernel from version 2.4.20 upwards
- preinstalled Webmin from version 0.9.2 upwards
- Perl 5 with Proc::ProcessTable
- A programm to access the tape drive (mt or mtx)
- an installed, functioning SCSI tape drive (the purchase price does not include any support for the setup and installation of the tape drive)
Recommended software (not mandatory):
timeoututility from the TCT toolkit. This is only necessary if you want to timeout tape status opertations because your tape/driver is too slow to respond.
globmanpage from the manpages repository. Supplements the AFBM documentation.